I apologize for not adding the memories that I have received the last few months. I will be adding throughout the following week. Please continue to send your memories. We will keep the blog up to add to the memories page as you continue to send them. We will be working to take the memories you send to make books for our families. Thanks for being there for us and being willing to share. Send your memories to matthew.g.caldwell@gmail.com

Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Precious Moment

This picture was taken Sunday night


This is my sweet niece, Emilie. She is the oldest grandchild. She just turned 7 at the beginning of the year. Her and my mom have always been special friends. My heart was breaking for her as I saw her struggling to know how to react to everything on Sunday. I was about the same age when my little sister, Heather, passed away. I couldn't stop feeling the pain I felt when I was her age. My sister and I had told her that it was okay to just sit and hold her hand, but she seemed hesitant throughout the day. But near the end of the night she found a moment to be alone with her and hold her hand. She asked us to take a picture. I know this would have made my mom really happy.

No comments: